During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) keeping everyone safe is my main concern.
In light of the guidance from the Department for Education and Public Health England guidance, I have made my own risk assessment of the way I work and made some key adjustments to ensure safety during COVID-19 pandemic.
Consultations with staff and parents will be carried out over video both before and after the assessment.
Where possible, some aspects of the assessment may be carried out over video with the child or young person.
Face to face assessments
I have started to assess children and young people at my home in Milton Keynes. The following safety measures have been put into place:
- Social distancing when working.
- Working on a large table separated by a clear, perspex screen.
- Hand sanitiser to be used before, during and after the assessment for myself
and the child or young person.
- Thorough anti-bacterial cleaning of the work area and equipment used.
- Well ventilated room to work in.
- A toilet is available and I will provide an anti-bacterial cleaner for you to clean
the area afterwards.
I will ask your child or young person to bring their own pens and pencil, snack and water bottle.
Based in Milton Keynes I provide assessments or individual support for children/ young people from 2-18 years who have a range of needs (e.g. dyslexia, learning, ASD, ADHD, behaviour, social and emotions
I run training courses or consultations for staff, parents or carers
I work in partnership with staff in Milton Keynes and surrounding areas, carers, parents and case managers to develop achievable, positive strategies. Described by staff as “approachable and realistic”
I Work face to face, over the phone or over Facetime
My largest interest is in reducing stress, I have researched and written the Let’s Chill relaxation programmes that teach yoga to young people and adults.
More from Lisa
Giving online has never been more secure, convenient or hassle-free with our one-click donation. We also do accept standard cash and check donations at all of our locations.
Lisa Gupta runs training courses for staff and foster carers in a variety of areas including behaviour management, dyslexia, improving exam performance, helping students to keep calm etc. Training can be for whole staff or smaller groups…
What People Say
Lisa was pivotal to our son’s successful transition to secondary school. Lisa listened to our concerns and gave us constructive strategies to use at home, which really helped.
She also produced a written report for school and liaised with staff ensuring that they understood our son’s needs and how to meet them.
Our son wouldn’t have had such a positive start to Secondary School without Lisa’s expertise and guidance.A Parent
When we needed to understand more about our son’s difficulties with some aspects of his schoolwork, Lisa spent time with our son, myself and the school to get an all-round understanding of his needs.
What was even more important for us though was that she provided recommendations as to how we could help him going forward.Nikee Cristie
Latest Articles by Lisa
- Improve Exam Performance and Reduce Stress
- Relaxation for Children at SchoolA PSYCHOLOGY BASED CD PROGRAMME FOR HELPING CHILDREN CALM DOWN IN SCHOOLS by Lisa Gupta (Educational Psychologist and BWY Yoga Teacher) “Before I used the breath I felt a little upset and a little angry….they made me feel better. “I liked lying quietly, feeling relaxed and doing the breath.” “Makes me feel calm, comfortable andContinue reading “Relaxation for Children at School”
- 5 ways to teach relaxation skills to your child5 ways to teach relaxation skills to your child Knowing how to keep calm in emotionally difficult situations is an important life skill that’s never too early to learn. Even if you don’t feel you’ve mastered it yourself, you can still help your child manage their stress levels – and perhaps improve your stress managementContinue reading “5 ways to teach relaxation skills to your child”
Please contact us for more information. Let’s talk! Don’t hesitate to reach out or send a message using the form.